Late Night Treat
by Christian Duque
Late night cravings, chocolate fixes, and munchies can be enough to sabotage a day of cleaning eating, hydration, & sound training. One delicious recipe is the Tokkyo Ice Cream Sandwich!! You seriously can’t go wrong, but be sure to follow these steps.
1. Get two graham crackers (pref. chocolate, almost same calories)
2. Mix two dallops of Cool Whip (regular & fat-free are virtually same amount of calories so get regular – live a little).
3. Mix Cool Whip with 1/2 scoop of Tokkyo Protein (Chocolate or Vanilla)
4. Keep mixture semi-solid, not runny. You may 1-2 teaspoons of water if needed
5. Apply mixture evenly on cracker and cover.
6. Freeze for at least 30 minutes
Once your ice cream sandwich is ready, don’t just attack it. The first bite should be a small one. Let the first bite sit in your mouth for a good 20-30 seconds, allowing the salivary enzymes to break it down. Also, this will allow your taste buds to truly enjoy all of the flavors. Afterwards you eat the sandwich however you want, but taking your time is key.
Sugar & chocolate fixes are generally related to both taste buds and psychological factor. Tokkyo’s chocolate protein is decadent, couple that with chocolate graham crackers & you’ll be set. Remember, building muscle is about self-sacrifice, but you also want to give into your body from time to time. The Tokkyo Nutrition Ice Cream Sandwich will pack about 10-15g of protein and will be just around 120 calories. You can’t beat the nutrition or the taste!!