Increase Dopamine, Increase Workouts
By: Marylin Salgado
June 8, 2019
What is Dopamine?
Dopamine is one of the brain’s neurotransmitters; a chemical that delivers information from one neuron to the other. Dopamine further assists with the regulation of movement, attention, learning and emotions. Dopamine levels also affect concentration, mood, decision making, memory, sleep, and motor control; all of which are important before, during and after working out.
Dopamine and Health
Dopamine helps you stay active and motivated. A regular supply of Dopamine in the brain helps you lose weight, improve memory, and counteract depression.
Dopamine plays an important role in Motor Skills
Since Dopamine assists with body movement and motor control, it would make sense that would also affect gross and fine motor skills.
Gross Motor Skills – large muscle groups are used for this skill. Activities are walking balancing and crawling and into locomotor skills, such as running, jumping and swimming.
Fine Motor Skills – smaller muscle groups are used for this skill, such as the use of fingers, hands, wrists, feet and toes. Activities are playing the piano, writing and biking. We mostly use fine motor skills for weight lifting and strength training. Therefore, we should maintain a healthy level of Dopamine in our brains.
Natural ways to increase Dopamine levels
- Eat Protein rich foods, like turkey, beef, legumes, dairy, for those out there who are vegetarians or vegans, eat soy.
- Eat less Saturated fat such as those found in animal fat, full fat dairy and butter.
- Consume Probiotics since the gut, like the brain, has a large number of nerve cells that produce Dopamine.
- Exercise often. Exercise has been proven to be a good thing for just about everything, including increasing Dopamine levels.
- Get enough sleep. The bulk of Dopamine levels are released in the morning and fall naturally in the evening.
- The brain’s pleasure areas are rich in Dopamine, so listen to music and have fun increasing those levels.
- Meditation has proved to help increase Dopamine levels, so sit down, relax and Namaste.
- Increase Dopamine receptors with a nice tan. Yes, enjoy the sun safely and increase those levels.
- Like to Dance? Then dance away. Dancing has been proven to help increase Dopamine levels.
- Nothing better than a massage to relax those sore muscles and help increase Dopamine levels.
(Some of this information was obtained from healthline.com)
This platform is meant to educate Tokkyo Nutrition consumers with the information needed to help you stay mentally and physically healthy.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT US AND OUR GREAT PRODUCTS, PLEASE VISIT US AT TOKKYONUTRITION.COM FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM AND POST YOUR THOUGHTS AND IDEAS. WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU!!