By: Marylin Salgado
June 29, 2020
Given the current setbacks with Covid-19, one of them being the closing of the gyms; which for some of us fitness enthusiasts, it has proven to be a disaster. Let’s look at the pros of having a gym closed. We all know the cons, so I am not going to spend half a page or more hammering on those depressing issues.
How about then, discussing the pros of having fitness centers closed due to Covid. While you might think there aren’t any, there are actually many.
- You were finally able to set up that home gym you’ve been planning on for years. Here are the benefits of setting up a home gym; all the equipment is yours. There are no other sweaty bodies running on or using your equipment, unless you share it with family. Even then, you will feel better than sharing with a whole bunch of strangers. Also, you will be saving up on years of membership fees. And prices are at a record all time low for treadmills and weight lifting equipment.
- You get to go outside, hit the pavement, and breathe in some fresh air. Let’s be straight about this one, unless the gym doors are open or there are vents in place, the gym can be a really stale place and much air is not circulating. If big fans are in place with no open doors or windows, then the stale air is circulating in place and not out.
6 Benefits of Fresh Air on the Body
- Fresh air helps the digestive system. How? Fresh air increases the flow of oxygen in your system, thereby helping you digest food better and especially if you are trying to lose weight. So, when you walk or job, don’t forget to do some deep breathing exercises.
- Fresh air helps improve blood pressure and heart rate. How? By staying away from heavily traffic areas. Walk in places that are saturated with trees and more so, along lots of green plants and grass. If you live in the city, it would help to drive somewhere where you can find a less polluted environment.
- Fresh air makes you happier. The more oxygen you breathe in, the higher the serotonin levels in your brain. This happy hormone is the one that usually gets treated with meds for those suffering from depression. So along with medical help, if you suffer from depression, do yourself a favor and go outside for a walk or jog.
- Fresh air is great for your immune system. Oxygen helps the function of white blood cells in our bodies. These little guys help fight and kill those nasty bacteria and germs that make us sick.
- Fresh air helps filter your lungs. Fresh air helps dilate the lungs therefore increasing oxygen intake and releasing nasty toxins that might make you sick.
- Fresh air is good for increased energy and sharper mind. It also helps increase focus. Not to mention that going outside will help provide you with much needed Vitamin D.
- Whether you were an avid gym goer or just when a few days a week, or month, now you are home. Remember that honey do list or DIY project you’ve been wanting to work on? What better time than now. We are approaching summer months with gorgeous weather. A DIY project or any other kind of project gets you moving. To maintain the benefits of a healthy fitness program or fitness goals, physicians recommend a minimum of 30 minutes a day. DIY projects, small or big, usually take a few hours a day to complete. That in itself is a good workout.
- Are you needing more hydration? Sitting at home during quarantine or unemployed? This is the perfect time to get back into the habit of hydrating and taking better care of yourself. Being at home can make anyone lazy. If your only exercise is walking to the bathroom a few times a day, then drink more water. Hopefully, you will be inspired to do more.
This platform is meant to educate Tokkyo Nutrition consumers with the information needed to help you stay mentally and physically healthy.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT US AND OUR GREAT PRODUCTS, PLEASE VISIT US AT TOKKYONUTRITION.COM FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM AND POST YOUR THOUGHTS AND IDEAS. WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU!!